Since Chispas’ founding in 2008, we have dedicated our resources on catering to the undocumented immigrant community. The “Out of the Shadows” Scholarship was established in 2012 as a financial tool to support the educational attainment of undocumented who seek higher education in Florida.
In Fall 2016, CHISPAS will offer a $600 scholarship for two (2) students, one high school senior and one college student, who meet all of the following requirements.
1. Must be an undocumented* student
2. Must have graduated from a Florida high school or have a GED certificate
3. Must be enrolled in a Florida college, university, vocational school or technical institution for the Fall 2016 semester.
A complete application requires all of the following items:
1. Application Form (this one)
2. Official or Unofficial Transcript (High School or College) or Copy of GED Certificate
3. One (1) sealed Letter of Recommendation
5. Personal Statement
Do not forget that the deadline to mail all application materials is September 12th, 2016. Applications postmarked later than September 12th, 2016 will not be accepted. Every applicant will be notified of a decision by the first week of October.
PLEASE MAIL ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS BY September 12th TO:
Attn: CHISPAS Scholarship
Institute of Hispanic-Latino Cultures
1504 W. University Ave.
Gainesville, FL 32603
* For our scholarship’s purposes, an undocumented student is one who does not have legal U.S. permanent residency, U.S. citizenship or temporary protection status. Students who have applied and/or received Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) are eligible and encouraged to apply for our scholarship.
*By completing this google form you are certifying that this application is accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: Chispas will keep all paperwork turned in, and two weeks after a scholarship applicant has been chosen, all applications will be shredded for security purposes. We will not keep or disclose any information to anyone or any other organization. We will only keep your name, number and email in order to contact you for future scholarship information.
This scholarship is Opened until September 12th, 2016. Please fill out the application below and mail all required documents to be considered:
If the applet is not working please click on the following link: http://goo.gl/forms/vFH4w0BKuh